[virtmach] Re: Definition a virtual machine ?

Laurent Martelli martelli@iie.cnam.fr
21 Nov 1999 03:23:09 +0100

  Laurent> How would you define a virtual machine ?

  Laurent> I'd say that any API can be considered a virtual
  Laurent> machine. Having byte-coded instructions is just an
  Laurent> implementation issue of the VM after all.

Maybe that a good starting point would be to define a machine in the
first place. In this case, I'd define a machine as something you
interact with through a set of services/functions. You can invoke
services with arguments, and is then returns a result.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr