[virtmach] Comments on Sun's JAVA VM Specification?

Pierpaolo Bernardi bernardp@cli.di.unipi.it
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:37:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 Peter_Murray@allegiance.com.au wrote:

> Since the people on this list have a wide range of experience with various
> VMs, I was wondering if anyone has coments on Sun's Java VM specification?
> What do you think are the good and the bad points?

Do you mean comments on the VM, or on the specification (the document)?

In the second case, the bad news is that the document which describes
the VM is only a tiny fraction of the spec, since key features, such as
multithreading, are not described at all in this "VM spec".

--
Illegitimis non carborundum