[virtmach] garbage collection

Dwight Hughes dwighth@ipa.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 11:46:18 -0500

I have the Implementation chapters from "Smalltalk-80:The Language and
Its Implementation" up on my site:
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_imp_toc.html

I should note that the state of the art in Smalltalk GC has moved beyond
this, but it is still a very useful and informative reference. Most
Smalltalks use a generational GC as their primary GC mechanism -  "A
Real Time Garbage Collector Based On The Lifetimes of Objects" by Henry
Lieberman and Carl Hewitt,Communications of the ACM, June 1983:
http://lieber.www.media.mit.edu/people/lieber/Lieberary/GC/GC.html

-- Dwight

David Rush wrote:

> thaddaeus.frogley@creaturelabs.com writes:
> > Anyone got any links and / or advice on garbage collection ? :)
[snip]