[virtmach] First VM

Bart Demoen Bart.Demoen@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:45:18 +0100

> I think with a bit of effort, you could support both the label pointer table
> and the switch statement.

Have a look in http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~bmd/dProlog1.0/
how I support ANSI switch, indirect threading and direct threaded (all
with one or two opcodes *) in a Prolog system

(caveat: only tested under Linux-like OS and Intel proc)

> I would probably do this in perl, and I've heard m4

I have loads of macros and C-functions generated ... with Prolog of
course :-)
I made mistakes and would do some things a bit different now, but the
general idea would still apply.

Bart Demoen

(*) that is probably specific to Prolog - for read-write propagation
during unification