[virtmach] Your VM

David Rush virtmach@iecc.com
25 May 2001 15:07:36 +0100

Steve_Lipscombe@amat.com writes:
> I have 2 crazy schemes to achieve this:
>
> 1) Re-code MTOS in Delphi (we have the source), beg/borrow/steal/rewrite a
> Pascal compiler to generate an intermediate code, and execute this in the
> Delphi/MTOS VM.
>
> 2) Translate the Tektronix Pascal source into Delphi/Kylix source (not trivial)
> and write an interface to convert the MTOS system calls to work under Linux.

Both should work, but...

> So... which makes more sense. Or is there a better way?

Have you looked at just using either p2c
<ftp://csvax.cs.caltech.edu/pub/p2c-1.29.tar.Z> (and thence gcc)  or
the GNU Pascal (gpc <http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/gnu-pascal>)
and just compiling your Pascal source directly to Linux (or whatever)?

david rush
--
The Torah is written in black fire inscribed upon white fire - fire
mixed with fire, hewn out of fire and given from fire